Monday Funday? Everyday is Funday here in the UP in the winter time. Trails are great and snow is falling, not a lot, but we don’t need a lot. Just a little refresh to keep your sleds lubed up. Get your asses up here is all I can say. Don’t look for me this weekend, I have to go out of town Friday and Saturday but I’ll be back on Sunday. Careful on the Lake, it is rough in places and I heard the ice heave north of the root cellar is back.
I made a rash judgement on my Iowa Princess earlier this year. Seen her last night and she told me last year she was on her way to see me when she crashed and totaled out her sled. I should have known only Wild hourses could keep her away from me.
Trails are great but the lake is rough, also an ice heave is just north of root cellar. Get your asses up here, conditions are very good.
Once again I am humbled beyond belief. A German Designer took my design of the Sleds of Anarchy Hat and Knocked it off. Thank you Annetta and Olaf for keeping the Sleds Alive in Germany.
We received some much needed snow, Mother Nature was a bit stingy only leaving a few inches but we’ll take whatever she gives. Trails are flat for the most part and icy in lots of the turns. The Lake is rough south of Fishtales but hopefully the snow blew in some of the bumps. Gonna be a busy weekend out there, have fun and be safe.
I just need to thank all of you that read my bullshit. It truly amazes me everytime someone comes in the bar and says they follow me on here. I know I have been slacking lately on keeping the post coming everyday. I guess I am slowing going into retirement. But I promise if I give it up I will find someone to take my place.
Mixed reports from riders yesterday, some said we were getting tore up and others said awesome. It was pretty busy around Lake Gogebic with the poker run going on. I don’t think I have plowed in over 3 weeks but there is snow in the forecast this week. The Groomers will be out everyday Making out trails Great Again.
PhysicalBill was a bit embarrassed and told the doctor he had trouble getting an erection with his wife and she was getting frustrated.
The doc checked the man’s blood pressure and other vitals. Then after a thorough examination the doctor said he wanted to check with Bill’s wife.
He took her to another cubicle and asked her to disrobe. Then he told her to turn all the way around slowly.
She did as instructed. He then told her to raise her arms above her head, then bend over, touch her toes and cough.
Finally he said, “Ok, good. You can get dressed now, and I will go talk to your husband”.
The doctor went back to the other cubicle and said to the husband, “Well Bill, you can relax, there is nothing wrong with you. I couldn’t get an erection either.
This is Bill…
We are getting a fresh dusting from Mother Nature, here is the report from Weather Underground.
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS TODAY... Lake-effect snow showers today will lead to slick roads and periods of reduced visibility in stronger snow bands. Snow accumulations of up to 3 inches are expected, with the highest totals likely closest to Lake Superior. Up to 6 inches is possible in a highly localized area around the Porcupine Mountains. Motorists are encouraged to use caution, reduce speed, and increase following distance when driving today.
Trails are in very good condition is what I have heard from riders, we just needed some new snow. And BAM Mother Nature comes through.
If you are looking for a rental sled you are out of luck for this weekend, all 50 are rented out. But we do have a good selection of used sleds for sale. In fact if you are interested in buying a used sled ask Mark for the Tom’s Trail Report discount. Sorry it won’t help you on rental rates though. Click Here to check them out.
Happy Thursday. We finally have a little snow in the forecast. It’s been a while since we have had any but with light traffic the trails have held up pretty damn good. I hear people say this trail was bad or that trail was bad but in general the whole area has been very good. Sometimes it takes the groomers to get around to all the trails. We could definitely use fresh snow, but our base is hard and deep. I think March riding is going to be good this year. Come see Misty and me at Fishtales this weekend.
Greeting from Timberline Rentals. I’m helping Shawn and Mark out at the rental building today. Not sure how much I’m helping today but I’m having fun Bullshitting with the customers.
If you are looking for a rental sled you are out of luck for this weekend, all 50 are rented out. But we do have a good selection of used sleds for sale. In fact if you are interested in buying as used sled ask Mark for the Tom’s Trail Report discount. Sorry it won’t help you on rental rates though. Click Here to check them out.
Oh yea the trails are still in pretty good shape.
Watching the Super Bowl down at Fishtales. Come on down and join us. Trails are getting soft but cold air is moving back in tomorrow, help us Mother Nature, we need to get snowed on.
Go Chiefs, for my Iowa friends. And please God, let my numbers hit. Amen
Low traffic=great trails. Even with the warm up the trails stayed pretty damn good. Trails were rough in some places after we got a foot of snow but within a few days they were back to very good. Conditions are great and everyone is in Wisconsin come on up. I have a last minute opening at Berts Nest if you need a place to stay.
Once again, it’s time for the Darwin Awards, which honour the least evolved among us.
And the winner is….
- When his 38 calibre revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barreland tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
And now, the honorable mentions:
- The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger… The chef’s claim was approved.
- A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space.”Understandably“, he shot her.
- After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies… The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.
- An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train.. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
- A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer… $15. (If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?])
- Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he’d just throw a cinder block(?)through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape…
- As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, “Yes, officer, that’s her. That’s the lady I stole the purse from.”
- The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn’t open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren’t available for breakfast…. The man, frustrated, walked away.
- When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for… Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home’s sewage tank by mistake.The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he’d ever had.\uD83D\uDE02
In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with friends and family….unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a distant relative or long lost friend. In that case, be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost.